Day 17 : 25 Days of Christmas, Cookie Style
Last week, I was browsing through other fellow bloggers pages to get some new cookie inspirations. I ended up coming across this one from GeekyCooker. I think because it was unique and that I had all the ingredients that I love, especially cherries. This cookie is soft and chewy, yet the Wheaties cereal gives it a nice crunch on the outside. I absolutely loved them! Definitely going in my recipe box. My husband devoured these too.
- 1¾ cups Wheaties cereal, crushed
- ⅓ cup butter
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon plus 1½ teaspoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup chopped dates
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- candied cherries
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix butter and sugar until fluffy.
- Beat in egg. Stir in milk and vanilla. Add salt, baking soda, and baking powder and blend. Slowly add in flour and mix just until incorporated.
- Stir in dates and pecans.
- Using a small cookie scoop, drop dough by teaspoonfuls into crushed cereal.
- Roll balls until completely coated.
- Place cookies about 2″ apart on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top each cookie with half of a candied cherry. Bake 10-12 minutes.
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes.
- Remove cookies and place on wire rack; let cool completely.
Makes 28 cookies.
Tip #1: Dough will be VERY sticky. It helps tremendously by using a cookie scoop and dropping the dough balls directly into the crushed Wheaties.