This is one of my husband’s favorite dishes. I actually made it for him on our 2nd date! I had made this in advance, so I wouldn’t have a mess in the kitchen when he arrived over my place. As we were hanging out, he asked me what I was making. I asked “do you like alfredo”? And his answer…”I don’t like alfredo, it’s not my favorite.” I thought to myself, “Crap, he’s going to hate this dish.” I needed to impress him…I told him not to worry, because the tomato sauce with the alfredo will be great. If all else fails, I could win him over with the dessert I made (Brownie Bottom Cheesecake). Outcome: Bob LOVED it. I should say DEVOURED it. I must have won him over that day, because he stuck around and now we are married! They always say a way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
Bonus! Looking for Holiday Cookie Recipes to make this season? Check out my special treat page with currently 50+ recipes! Click on photo below to check out all recipes!
- 1 jar (16 oz) alfredo sauce
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 2 cups cooked broccoli, chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (or mozzaerlla) cheese
- ¼ cup shredded parmesan
- 21 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 1½ - 2 cups spaghetti sauce (optional, but I love the combination of alfredo with tomato sauce!)
- Salt/Pepper to season (if needed)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, mix alfredo, chicken, broccoli, and cheeses.
- Spoon mixture into pasta shells.
- Grease 13 x 9 baking dish with butter or cooking spray.
- Evenly spread spaghetti sauce on bottom of baking dish.
- Arrange shells in baking pan.
- Cover with foil and bake 35 minutes until heated thru.
This recipe can easily be altered to your liking. One easy filling addition -- chopped cooked bacon!
Tip #1: You can prep all items in advance, right up to the point of baking. Keep covered in refrigerator until you are ready to bake.
Tip #2: Own a cookie scoop? Use your cookie scoop to easily stuff your shells!
Tip #3: You can freeze this! Just pre-assemble all the noodles with the filling. Freeze stuffed noodles without the red sauce. Then, thaw when ready to bake!
Like me on Facebook: Sweet Dash of Sass CLICK LINK —> Sweet Dash of Sass
Follow me on Instagram @SweetDashofSass
Follow me on Twitter @SweetDashofSass