- 2 cups sugar
- ¾ cup vegetable oil
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2⅓ cups flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
- Cream together sugar and oil.
- Add cocoa powder and mix at low speed until combined.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat. Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to sugar mixture and combine.
- Cover dough in plastic wrap (in bowl) and chill for 6 hours to overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 cookie sheets with non-stick cooking spray.
- Roll into 1″ balls. Roll in powdered sugar.
- Arrange 1-inch apart on cookie sheets. Bake 12-14 minutes until puffed up slightly.
- Let cool for 5 minutes, transfer to wire rack.
FUN MEMORY: Growing up, my mom was always known for her cookie baking abilities. Christmas 2007 was my first Christmas as a home owner. I wanted to create my own holiday cookie platter and these were one of the first cookies I made! Very easy to make. One batch makes several dozen!
Tip #1: If you are a fan of chocolate or brownies, you will definitely be a fan of these cookies.
Tip #2: Dough will be very “sticky” to work with prior to chilling in refrigerator.
Tip #3: Definitely invest in a cookie scoop! Saves you from rolling out cookies to a particular size! The cookie scoop definitely comes in handy since the dough can be sticky to work with.
It’s a great baking tool for many reasons! It allows you to get consistently sized cookies each time. Simply scoop up cookie dough, squeeze and release. Cookies that are uniform in size will bake more evenly.
Offered in 3 sizes: small, medium, and large. Easy to clean and dishwasher safe! Ranges from $13-$15.
Tip #4: Flavor gets even better 1-2 days after baking.
Tip #5: Cookies can be kept in a covered tupperware container. Place a sheet of wax paper in between layers cookies within the container.
Like me on Facebook: Sweet Dash of Sass CLICK LINK —> Sweet Dash of Sass
Follow me on Instagram @SweetDashofSass
Follow me on Twitter @SweetDashofSass