I happened to have 2 ripe bananas on hand and wanted to make something other than the usual Banana Bread! Since it’s Fall and with having canned pumpkin on hand, I thought this would be a perfect combination recipe wise. Very tasty – my husband said it’s very fragrant (in a good way).
- 2 large ripe bananas
- ½ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1¾ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Streusel Topping:
- ½ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ stick cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 2 tablespoons quick cooking oats
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mash bananas with a fork. In a medium bowl, mix bananas, canned pumpkin, sugar, milk, oil, and egg until well blended.
- Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt in a large bowl. Stir banana mixture into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins sprayed with non-stick spray (or you can use muffin liners).
- To make streusel topping: Combine all ingredients in a small bowl with a fork until crumbly. Sprinkle topping equally over all the muffins.
- Bake 20-22 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Serve warm.
Tip #1: Don’t have pumpkin pie spice? 1 tsp substitute = 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon plus 1/4 tsp. ground ginger, 1/4 tsp. ground allspice, and 1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg.
Tip #2: Definitely invest in a large cookie scoop! It has many other uses besides making your cookies a perfect size. Simply scoop your batter, squeeze and release into your muffin cups.