I first made this meal a few years ago for a potluck. Everyone loved this dish at the party and couldn’t believe how easy it was! Such a simple meal that can be assembled in advance until you are ready to bake. This week I was debating on what to make for dinner and thought this would be a perfect option. After baking, I realized this was the first time my husband would be trying this dish. He gave two thumbs up!
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 package (25 oz) frozen cheese ravioli, cooked according to package & drained
- 2 cups (16 oz) small curd cottage cheese
- 4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- ¼ cup Parmesan
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread ¾ cup of sauce in an ungreased 13 x9 dish.
- Layer with half of the ravioli in a single layer.
- Top with 1 cup of sauce, 1 cup of cottage cheese, and 2 cups of mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layer a 2nd time. Sprinkle top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30-40 minutes, until bubbly. Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tip #1: You can use any flavor of ravioli!
Tip #2: You can pre-assemble this dish in advance! Prepare all steps of dish up to the point of baking. Keep dish covered in refrigerator until you are ready to bake!
Tip #3: You can easily cut some fat / calories by using reduced fat cheeses. I would not recommend using Fat-Free shredded cheese, as it typically doesn’t melt nicely in oven.
Tip #4: Instead of trying to spread the layers on, use a small spoon and put a little of sauce and cottage cheese on each ravioli piece.