I absolutely love cornbread, especially one that has a tad of sweetness to it! These muffins are a great addition to any meal, especially at your next Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. They are wonderful with a little butter and a drizzle of honey!
- 1¾ cup flour
- ¾ cup yellow corn meal
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine all dry ingredients.
- Stir in milk, oil, and egg, mixing just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Pour batter into 12 greased or paper lined muffin cups.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve warm.
MAKES 12 MUFFINS.
Tip #1: Once you put batter into muffin tin – quickly bake as the moisture will start to activate the leaveners in the batter.
Tip #2: It is best to use cornbread on the day baked. Store leftovers wrapped in plastic wrap, and then aluminum foil and placed in refrigerator.