Day 22 : 25 Days of Christmas, Cookie Style
Soft and chewy! Great flavor, especially if you love toffee flavor. I originally got this recipe a few years ago from one of my friends. To try a spin on things, I decided to roll some of the cookies in white sugar and brown sugar to see how they would come out. Both of them came out great! Gives it a different flavor and texture on the outside of the cookie. You can see the brown sugar ones in the pictures below.
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup salted butter, softened
- 1½ cups sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (1 pkg) Heath Bits
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Sift flour and baking soda together.
- Cream together butter, sugar, and vanilla.
- Beat in eggs, one at a time. Add toffee bits.
- Mix wet and dry ingredients.
- Using a cookie scoop, place tablespoon size balls 2″ inches apart onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes. Let cool on baking pan 4-5 minutes.
- Move cookies to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in an airtight container.
Makes 4 dozen cookies.
Tip #1: Before placing dough balls onto cookie sheet, roll them in white sugar or brown sugar! I did both options to try and they both tasted great.