Day 14: 25 Days of Christmas – Cookie Style
This is another quick and easy recipe. This recipe has been a part of my holiday cookie platters for a few years now. The only new addition I added this year was the M&M’s (since I had so many left over from another cookie recipe). I’m a big fan of making cookies in different forms than the typical cookie ball. Two thumbs up!
Check out and ‘LIKE’ Sweet Dash of Sass on Facebook! Click here for direct link!
- 2¼ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¾ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 1 bag (11.5 oz or 1¾ cups) chocolate chunk pieces
- ⅛ cup M&M's
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Grease 13 x 9 baking pan.
- In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, and salt together.
- In a large bowl, mix butter, sugars, and vanilla until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each one.
- Slowly beat in flour mixture just until combined. Stir in Chocolate Chunk pieces.
- Press dough onto the bottom of a prepared baking pan.
- Press M&M’s partially in on top of the dough.
- Bake 20-25 minutes until golden brown. Cool in pan on wire rack.
- Cut into squares and store in an airtight container.
Tip #1: Not a fan of M&M’s? You can easily omit them from the recipe. Also, another alternative recipe: Chocolate Nut Bars! Just stir in a 1/2 cup chopped nuts at the same time you stir in the chocolate chunks.
Tip #2: Have vanilla ice cream on hand? Heat a cookie bar in the microwave for 10-20 seconds. Top with a scoop of ice cream and serve! Delish. (Probably my favorite way to enjoy these!) :)
Tip #3: Ever wonder what the difference is between light and dark brown sugar? Both types are a mixture of sugar and molasses, with dark brown sugar containing more molasses than light brown sugar. Light brown sugar has a delicate flavor while dark brown sugar has a stronger more intense molasses flavor. They can be used interchangeably depending on your personal preference.