Day 15: 25 Days of Christmas, Cookie Style
I originally found this recipe on Pinterest from another blogger, Mother Thyme. It reminded me of a cookie that my Grandma and mom would make (Russian Tea Cake Cookies). This one sounded like it would be tasty with the pistachio flavor. Since I still had leftover pistachio nuts from my Pistachio Cranberry Cookies, I decided to alter the recipe a bit by adding some to the mix. If you are a fan of typical Russian Tea Cake Cookies and pistachios – you will love this recipe.
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1½ cups powdered sugar, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1¾ cup flour
- 1 pkg. (3.4 oz) Jell-O Pistachio Instant Pudding
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup chopped pistachio nuts
- Pre-heat oven 350 degrees. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter. Add ½ cup of powdered sugar to butter and beat until fluffy. Add vanilla.
- Add salt and pudding mix and combine. Slowly add in flour and stir just until incorporated. Stir in pistachio nuts.
- Divide dough in half – roll in a ball and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 2 hours.
- Remove dough from plastic wrap.
- Using a cookie scoop, scoop out (teaspoon-size) balls and place on cookie sheet at least 1 inch apart. Press down slightly in the center of each of the cookies.
- Bake 9-10 minutes, be sure not to overbake. (Should not be brown)
- Let cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes. While cookies are still warm, toss in remaining powdered sugar and set on wire rack to cool completely.
- Store in airtight containers.
Makes 3 dozen.
Tip #1: You can easily use Sugar Free Jell-o Pistachio pudding mix in this recipe!