Day 11 (of 25 Days of Christmas, Cookie Style)
I originally tried my first waffle cookie several years ago at my aunts house during the holidays. I thought they were super cute and unique for a cookie platter. At the time, I had never seen anything like that before. I absolutely loved them too. I wasn’t able to get the recipe from my aunt, so I was determined to research online to see how I could attempt my own for this 25 Days of Christmas, Cookie Style blog. Not only did I find a recipe, but they are insanely delicious and one of my personal favorites. The taste testers agreed, but I don’t think I overshared too many of these cookies (because I wanted them all for myself, HAHA!!). Super easy – no oven required! You only need your waffle iron! LOVE LOVE LOVE! This one you gotta try!
- ½ cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- Mix together butter, eggs, and sugars; add vanilla.
- Slowly mix in flour just until combined.
- Drop teaspoonfuls (I used my small cookie scoop) onto an ungreased waffle iron.
- After one minute, check on them.
- Cookies are done when they have a medium golden color in the center and light golden color on edges.
Makes 3 dozen.
Tip #1: When the cookies first come out of waffle iron, they will be soft, almost like a waffle. After cooling on wire rack, the outside will start to harden up like a cookie. The inside will be similar to a soft cookie.
Tip #2: Prior to serving, sprinkle cookies with powdered sugar! Or you can even drizzle icing or melted white chocolate on them. I personally liked mine plain.