I absolutely love Pasta and one of my favorite pasta dishes (and my husbands) is Stuffed Shells. This year, since we spent Christmas at home in California, we decided to start a tradition and make stuffed shells on Christmas Eve as our Special Holiday meal. We both enjoyed this dish. Just looking at these pics make me want some now. Maybe I could surprise my hubby and make this as our Valentine’s Day meal? :) I know for most of my dishes I state it’s super easy to make. This really is. Plus, you can prep in advance and leave in fridge till you are ready to make!
- 24 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
- 16 oz container of ricotta cheese
- 1 egg, beaten
- ¼ cup fresh parsley chopped or 1-2 TBSP dried
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese (+ ¼ cup additional to add on top)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg (freshly ground is best!)
- 1-26 oz jar spaghetti sauce
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, combine ricotta, egg, Parsley, Parmesan, 1-1/4 cups Mozzarella, salt, pepper, and nutmeg.
- Spoon cheese mixture into shells.
- In a 13×9 baking dish, pour ½ to ¾ of spaghetti sauce on the bottom of the dish to fully coat.
- Arrange shells within dish. Pour remaining sauce over shells.
- Sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese and Parmesan (optional). (If you are making in advance, you can put in fridge at this step — covered, of course.
- Before you are ready to bake, pull out of fridge and let sit at room temp for at least 30 minutes.)
- When ready to bake — Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and continue to bake 5-10 more minutes to fully melt cheese and starts to turn golden. Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.
Like me on Facebook: Sweet Dash of Sass CLICK LINK —> Sweet Dash of Sass
Follow me on Instagram @SweetDashofSass
Follow me on Twitter @SweetDashofSass