Day 23 – Christmas Cookie Style
My mom has been making these cookies on her holiday cookie platters for several years now. They are probably my favorite and first one to choose when looking at all the variety of cookies she usually displays on her cookie platters.
I was super excited to get to watch her make these while being home for the holidays. They were not difficult to make and much easier than I was expecting they would be.
The cream in between the cookies are her standard buttercream frosting, but the actual cookies itself has a subtle, but tasty banana flavor. Actually, when you bake these, I highly suggest waiting to eat them after 1-2 days. The flavors need to have a chance to fully incorporate in the cookie vs. attempting to eat as soon as it cools from the oven.
As a reminder, all the posts I will be using the hashtag #25DaysCookieStyle. If you happen to make any of the cookie recipes, tag me on social media and use this hashtag. I’d love to see all of your holiday baking photos from your home!
- 2⅓ cup flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- ½ cup (1 medium) sliced banana
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ⅓ cup butter, softened
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk
- Pre-heat oven to 350. Grease cookie sheets or line with parchment paper.
- In a mixer, combine all cookie ingredients except pecans. Beat at low speed scraping sides of bowl often, until well mixed (2-3 minutes). Stir in pecans. Shape rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into 1 inch balls.
- Place 2″ apart onto prepared cookie sheets. Flatten cookie with bottom of a glass dipped in sugar.
- Bake near center of oven for 12-15 minutes until edges are slightly golden brown. Remove from pan immediately. Cool completely on wire rack. Put cookies together in pairs with 1 tablespoon of frosting for each sandwich.
- Frosting: In a mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients. Beat at medium speed, scraping sides of bowl often until light and fluffy (1-2 minutes).
Last Year’s Flashback Recipe: Pistachio Cranberry Cookies. Click on photo below for direct link.
Like me on Facebook: Sweet Dash of Sass CLICK LINK —> Sweet Dash of Sass
Follow me on Instagram @SweetDashofSass
Follow me on Twitter @SweetDashofSass