- Crust -
- 1 – 9inch unbaked pie crust
- Filling -
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 can (15.5 oz) pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 1 can (12 oz) evaporated milk
- 1¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- Topping –
- ½ cup quick cooking oats
- ½ cup brown sugar, packed
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ cup butter, softened (1/2 stick)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans (optional)
- 1 tub Cool Whip
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a large bowl, beat all filling ingredients together.
- In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients until crumbly with fork; set aside.
- Pour filling into unbaked pie crust. Bake 15 minutes.
- Remove pie from oven; reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cover crust with 2 to 3 inch wide strips of foil to prevent excessive browning. Bake 35 minutes.
- Pull pie out of oven and sprinkle Brown Sugar Streusel topping all over top of pie.
- Bake about 10-12 minutes longer until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool on cooling rack for 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 4 hours or until chilled before serving.
Leftovers (if you have any!) should be stored covered in refrigerator.
FUN MEMORY: My first Thanksgiving, I wanted to make a pumpkin pie, but not just any pumpkin pie. I wanted something unique from the typical recipe. I was reading through all my food magazines and happened to come across a recipe that involved making a streusel topping for a pumpkin pie. The thought just sounded like a perfect combination. Not only does it sound like a perfect combination, but it truly is my favorite pumpkin pie recipe BY FAR! I have tweaked my recipe slightly to my own personal taste from the original recipe that gave me the inspiration. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!
Tip #1: I highly recommend investing in a pie crust shield. This will help prevent your crust from over baking before the pie is done cooking. Typically they have a non-stick finish and fits most 9″ and 10″ diameter pies. They are also dishwasher safe! Ranges from $4-$8.
Tip #2: Looking to reduce just a few calories? Use Fat-Free Evaporated Milk and Fat Free Cool Whip!
Like me on Facebook: Sweet Dash of Sass CLICK LINK —> Sweet Dash of Sass
Follow me on Instagram @SweetDashofSass
Follow me on Twitter @SweetDashofSass