- 1 package white cake mix
- 16 OREO’s, coarsely crushed
- 1 small package (3 oz) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tsp. milk
- 2 cups of heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- Additional OREO’s for decoration
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions.
- Stir in crushed cookies.
- Spoon into a greased and floured bundt pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 33-38 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing from pan. In small mixing bowl, beat milk and cream cheese and mix till smooth.
- Beat in whipping cream until mixture begins to thicken.
- Add powdered sugar until stiff peaks form.
- Frost cake. Garnish with OREO’s.
- Chill leftovers.
Tip #1: Not comfortable with making your own whipped topping? You can use 1 tub (8oz) whipped topping. However, your friends and family will rave how great the homemade version is!
Tip #2: When making the whipped cream — best if you use a chilled mixing bowl before adding ingredients in.
Fun Memory: I first made this recipe back in April, 2009. I had recently met a guy a month prior and wanted to impress him. He wasn’t a fan of cakes, typically because “icing is too sweet”. I figured this would be the perfect cake to make for him. I’m guessing I impressed him because not only did he LOVE it, but we also got married this past March! It’s one of his favorite cakes!
I even made this cake for all his guy friends during a “Game Night”! They instantly fell in love with this as well. There were NO leftovers.