- 6 oz. milk chocolate, chopped
- 2 sticks plus 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 (16oz) jar creamy peanut butter
- 3 cups Rice Crispy Cereal
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Line an 8-inch square baking pan with parchment paper.
- In a medium saucepan, melt half of the chocolate with 1 tablespoon butter over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in 1 cup peanut butter, then 2 cups Rice Crispy cereal.
- Spread the mixture evenly in the prepared pan; refrigerate until set, about 15 minutes.
- In another saucepan, combine the remaining 2 sticks butter and salt; melt over medium heat, constantly stirring.
- Remove from heat and stir in remaining peanut butter and powdered sugar.
- Spread half of the peanut butter mixture over the cereal layer.
- Top with the remaining 1 cup of Rice Crispy cereal.
- In a small bowl, microwave the remaining chocolate at medium power until melted, 1½ minutes.
- Stir into the remaining peanut butter mixture.
- Spread evenly on the cereal-topped peanut butter layer; refrigerate until set, about 45 minutes.
Fun Memory: A few years ago, I was looking for some other options to put on my Christmas cookie platter besides cookies. I thought fudge would be the perfect item. I had so many complements that year and several family/friends were asking for the recipe! The best part? They are NO BAKE! And of course, who doesn’t like the combination of peanut butter and chocolate?
Tip #1: Line your baking pan with parchment paper to easily remove the bars from the pan.
Tip #2: Are you a fan of nuts within your fudge? Add in 1/2 c. chopped nuts in the top or middle layer portions.
Tip #3: Not a fan of Milk Chocolate? You can swap with Semi-Sweet chocolate!