- 1 (18.25 oz) box yellow cake mix (preferably Pillsbury)
- 1 (3.4 oz) box instant pistachio pudding mix
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups water
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ½ teaspoon almond extract
- 7 drops green food coloring
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, mix pudding mix and box cake mix together.
- Add eggs, water, oil, almond extract, and green food coloring to dry ingredients.
- Blend ingredients and beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt pan. Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean. Cool in pan for 15 minutes.
- To remove cake from pan: Place cake platter on top of bundt pan. Invert cake pan upside down. Tap around sides and top of bundt pan to help loosen the cake from the pan.
- Slowly lift pan off of cake.
- Let cool completely. Right before serving, dust cake with powdered sugar using a flour sifter or fine-mesh sieve.
Tip #1: Be sure to position bundt pan in the center of the oven.
Tip #2 To prevent air bubbles within the batter, spoon cake batter into the pan slowly. If you pour quickly, air pockets could form, which could produce holes in your finished cake. To release any potential bubbles that developed, tap the pan gently on a work surface.