Day 18 – Christmas Cookie Style
This is my first year as a participant in The Great Food Blogger Cookie Swap, where each participant sends one dozen homemade cookies to three different people chosen by the organizers. I had heard about this last year, but happened to miss the deadline. I was so excited this year to participate in this fun swap. Not only do I love to bake and enjoy cookies, but it also supports a great cause – Cookies 4 Kid’s Cancer. A win-win situation!
I happened to make my Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies!! Here is how I packaged these sweet treats in the mail!
PS. If you’re wondering… there is a $4 sign up fee to participate and that is what goes to the charity. If you’d like to receive a notification when it’s time to sign up next year, you can do that here.
Now onto the cookies I baked for the exchange – Triple Chocolate Chip Cookies. Who doesn’t love the classic Chocolate Chip Cookie. I decided to switch it up and add White and dark chocolate morsels to the mix!
You will definitely enjoy these cookies. These are soft and chewy and have triple the chocolate! White/Dark/Milk morsels!
I think my husband was sad he didn’t have a dozen for himself!
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips (plus a handful to place on top of cookies prior to baking)
- ½ cup white chocolate chips
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour cornstarch, baking soda, and sea salt together. Set aside.
- In another large bowl (or stand up mixer), cream together butter and sugars until smooth and creamy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and vanilla; beat until combined. Slowly mix in the dry ingredients.
- Stir in all the chocolate chips. Using a medium cookie scoop, place cookie dough balls (tablespoon size) onto baking sheet lined with parchment paper, about 2 inches apart.
- Place a few single chocolate chip morsels on top of the dough balls prior to baking!
- Bake cookies for 10 minutes, or until slightly golden brown around the edges. Do not overbake or they will come out crispy. Let the cookies cool on baking sheet for 4-5 minutes. Transfer to wire cooling rack and cool completely.
Last Year’s Flashback Recipe: Funfetti Blondie Bars. Only 6 ingredients. Click on photo below for direct link.
Like me on Facebook: Sweet Dash of Sass CLICK LINK —> Sweet Dash of Sass
Follow me on Instagram @SweetDashofSass
Follow me on Twitter @SweetDashofSass