Super Bowl XLIX
Seattle Seahawks vs. New England Patriots
It’s that time of year! “Super Bowl Sunday” ~ the annual championship game of the NFL. It is actually considered (by some) an unofficial American national holiday.
The trophy is made by Tiffany & Co and stands almost 22 inches tall. It is worth more than $25,000.
It’s the 2nd largest day for U.S. food consumption, after Thanksgiving Day!
Here is an estimate of what will be consumed this Sunday:
- 1.25 billion chicken wings
- 4.3 million pounds of pretzels
- 11.2 million pounds of potato chips
- 8.2 million pounds of tortilla chips with 71.4 million pounds of guacamole
- 3.8 million pounds of popcorn
- 2.5 million pounds of nuts
- 325 million gallons of beer
Super Bowl Sunday is the biggest day of the year for pizza sales!
- One out of every 12 people watching the game will be suffering through the boring football part just to see the commercials.
- Antacid sales will increase by 20 percent on the Monday after the Super Bowl.
- 6% of Americans will call in sick the Monday after the Super Bowl.
Looking for some delicious appetizers recipes? Check out a few ideas below.
I’ll be rooting for Seattle since my Bears aren’t in the playoffs – GO Seahawks!